KÀ™ by Cirque du Soleil®: Adventurous. Epic. Heroic.
You can see it… You can experience it… You won’t believe it! KÀ, the unprecedented, gravity-defying production by Cirque du Soleil takes adventure to an all-new level. Be awed by a dynamic theatrical landscape, as an entire empire appears on the KÀ colossal stage and a captivating display of aerial acrobatics envelops the audience. Witness the extraordinary performance that TIME Magazine calls “Bigger than Vegas.”
About the Show
- The stage at KÀ rotates 360 degrees.
- Each night, two tons of granular cork (one ton per show) simulates sand in the Wash-up scene.
- During pre-show, 120 fireballs are discharged measuring 9 meters in height and reaching temperatures of 648 degrees Celsius.
- More than 110 live arrows are shot through the air at each performance. The artists spend many hours in training to learn proper archery techniques.
- The boat in the Storm scene weighs 816 kilograms and is completely manipulated onstage by the artists.
- Directed by Robert Lepage
- Children must be 5 years or older to attend this show.
KÀ follows the imperial twins along an epic journey of love, conflict and adventure.
In addition to the spectacular floating stages, there are stunning costumes, astonishing puppets, live interactive video, lighting that dazzles the eye and music that stirs the soul.
KÀ culminates with an extraordinary battle scene staged horizontally giving audiences a bird’s-eye view of the action.
Hotel: MGM Grand
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino is “The Entertainment Authority,” creating the ultimate Las Vegas experience. A variety of accommodations serve every need while guests discover signature dining by celebrity chefs including Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, Michael Mina’s PUB 1842, Wolfgang Puck’s Bar & Grill, Michelin three-star restaurant Joël Robuchon and Morimoto Las Vegas. In addition to a pampering spa and salon and an elaborate 35,000-square-meter conference center, the resort offers a wide-range of world-class entertainment at the Grand Garden Arena: the epic KÀ by Cirque du Soleil; world-famous dance crew Jabbawockeez; master illusionist David Copperfield; Topgolf Las Vegas; Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club; and Hakkasan Las Vegas. MGM Grand is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).
KÀ performs Saturday through Wednesday at 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm. The show is dark on Thursday and Friday.
The unprecedented KÀ Theatre at the MGM Grand is the backdrop for this cinematic journey, which unfolds on a colossal 360-degree rotating stage. The audience sits facing an apparently bottomless void filled with smoke. Above, around and inside the void, the artists make their entrances, perform and make their exits, flying through the air, or performing on two moving platforms that operate independently of each other. The capacity of the KÀ Theater is 1,950.